Learn how to make Chicken Handi, one of the most popular chicken curry recipe at home with Neelam only on Get Curried.
Chicken Handi Recipe is a very traditional restaurant style chicken handi recipe that is made in a special vessel called a handi. Handi is a kind of cooking pan that was used in Indian cooking with a shallow depth and a wide bottom in olden days which was made of clay. However these days it is not so common to cook in such pots or to even find it. So don’t worry, you can make this tempting dish in the khadai that you have at home. Try this recipe out and do post your comments.
750g chicken thigh
2 sliced onions
2-3 chopped tomatoes
4 cloves garlic chopped
11/2tsp ginger paste
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp turmeric
1tsp chilli powder
3-4 green chillies
Salt to taste
1tsp garam masala
2tsp dried fenugreek
1 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup cream ( optional)
– Heat ghee in a pan. Allow it to melt.
– Fry onions in ghee till they are dark golden brown.
– Once they are dark brown, remove the onions and keep them separately in a bowl.
– In the same ghee, add chopped garlic and tomatoes. Cook them until they are soft.
– Add the fried onion back in the ghee and mix it well.
– Add ginger paste and mix it well.
– Add cumin seeds, crushed coriander seeds and green chillies.
– Add turmeric powder, salt and chilli powder. Give it a mix.
– Add boneless chopped chicken in the mixture and mix it well.
– Fry them well till they are nicely cooked.
– Cover it with a lid and allow it to cook for 5 minutes.
– Once the chicken is cooked well, add yoghurt.
– Add crushed coriander seeds and fenugreek leaves and mix it.
– Pour cream along with fenugreek leaves and garam masala.
– Give it a final mix and serve hot!
Share this video on Facebook – https://goo.gl/CVnyU1
Tweet about it – https://goo.gl/Ya4zp0
Host : Neelam Bajwa
Director: Vaibhav Dhandha
Camera: Kavaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Katariya, Pratik Gamre
Editing: Ravi Varma
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Pvt Ltd
Subscribe and Get regular Updates: http://www.youtube.com/user/getcurried?sub_confirmation=1
Learn authentic gourmet recipe, Pan Fried Red Snapper With Lemon Butter Sauce from The Bombay Chef – Varun Inamdar only on Get Curried :- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qr4Ga89a24
I wish you would show us how to make boneless chicken tikka or chicken tandoori in the oven and also give ideas if we have to make in a large quantity like 20lbs how to make it in the oven and still moist and delicious.
Onions are burnt
I've made this decadent dish for my family many times to RAVE reviews! Thank You! Also, love hearing your amazing stories!
It's Nt handi it's simple chicken
Tried this recipe…Came out so good. Thank you.
uhv a good accent
With out creem replacement plz
I just finished cooking this. It tastes nice, except I don't like the taste of cumin seeds (khada jeera), and since it didn't really mix well into the curry I wish I'd used the powder instead.
ugh love her accent…..xo
You look like Marolin Manroe…..good cooking lessons. Thx.
Just made this curry for the first time, it’s fantastic, thank you very much . It reminds me of stopping at a Punjabi dhaba!
First learn to speak clearly…. uhh speak like blablabla
But a proper curry has to be made with bone in chicken as the bone in where all the flavor comes into play 🙂
problem solved when I have no coriander around but dying for some flavours
Onoin pure jal gay