Here’s how to make a ridiculously tasty seafood coconut curry Laksa. This Malaysian soup is one of my favourites and combines a premade Laksa paste with fresh ingredients.
2 tsbp of vegetable oil
1 Litre of Water and/or Chicken Stock
200 Grams of Laksa Paste or Malaysian Instant Curry Paste
10 Fish Balls (Any Variety)
1 Cup of Chinese Eggplant (1/2 eggplant chopped)
100 grams of Tofu Puffs
1 Can (400 ml of Coconut Milk)
1 Cup of Spinach (Thick chinese type preffered)
250 grams of Prawns
1 tsp of Sugar (To Taste)
Fish sauce (to taste)
400 g of Laksa/ Rice Noodles or 1/2 Eggs Noodles.
Bean sprouts for garnish
Cilantro/Green Onions for garnish.
1. Put a large pot of water on heat to bring to a boil. Boil washed eggs for 6 1/2 Minutes, then remove and run them under cold water to stop cooking.
2. Add oil to a large wok or pot on medium high heat, and fry curry paste for 1-2 minutes, making sure the paste doesn’t burn.
3. Add noodles to hot water, and remove when soft. Run under cool water to stop cooking. Set aside.
4. Carefully add Chicken stock and/or water. I went with about half and half. Add fish balls, eggplant, and tofu puffs. Cover and bring to a boil. Add coconut milk, mix and let cook till eggplant is soft. 5. 5. Add prawns and spinach, and cook till prawns turn red. Don’t over cook. Add sugar and fish sauce to taste.
6. Place 1 serving of noodles in bowl and pour soup over top. Garnish with peeled and sliced egg and fresh herbs.
Follow Bachelor on a Budget
Easy to prepare curry recipe!
VOTE FOR OUR RECIPE HERE: http://bit.ly/W5V92O
Serving Size: 6-8 People
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
1 lb manila clams
1 lb mussels
1 lb shrimp
1/2 lb fish balls
2.5 lb fish (sablefish)
1 square of tofu
1 pouch McCormick’s Curry Powder
1 cup coconut milk
4 slivers ginger
4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tomatoes, diced
1 onion, diced
2 peppers, cut into cubes
salt and pepper to taste
2 chilli peppers, diced (optional)
1. Wash shell fish very well.
2. Using high heat, add oil to pot and combine garlic, onion, ginger, tomatoes and seafood mix/fish when oil is hot.
3. Add curry seasoning powder (with water) and add shellfish and peppers. Bring to a boil.
4. Add coconut milk. Bring to a boil until all shellfish has open up.
5. Serve hot with rice.
Become our Patron: http://www.patreon.com/gastrofork
Visit our Website: http://www.gastrofork.ca
Gastrofork on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gastrofork
Gastrofork on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/gastrofork
Buy our Filipino Cookbook, Filipino Cooking Made Easy!: