We have used a pressure cooked to get our beef super soft and tender for this recipe, it really is worth the effort. Onions, garlic, ginger, potatoes and wonderful spice make up this curry. Enjoy. Another curry from the how to cook great food stable of video recipes. We are crazy about curries, masala, rice, spices & all things tasty from around the world. It could be from India, Thailand, Pakistan, Jamaica, Bengal, Sri Lanka we don’t mind as long as it is tasty. Indian recipes, Pakistani food, Bengali curry, Jamaican curried, Sri Lankan hot pot we just love them them all.
- Heat oil in a saucepan.
- Add onions and saute till they start to turn a light golden colour.
- Add curry leaves, cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon stick.
- Stir and then add ginger garlic paste, methi.
- When onions are a golden colour, add tomatoes and stir.
- Keep heat at medium-high.
- In a small bowl, add remaining spices with about 1/4 cup of water to form a soupy mixture.
- Add this to the onion-tomato mixture in pan.
- Let the spices cook for about 3 min.
- Add meat and lower heat.
- Stir frequently to mix the spices in and to prevent the meat from clumping.
- Add a bit of water and potatoes.
- Cover and cook till potatoes are cooked
GROUND BEEF AND POTATO CURRYVery nice recipe – enjoyed by all, thanks for sharing. Just to let you know that all ingrediants were spot on – please note that the cayenne is TEASPOONS, not TABLESPOONS.
2tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2lbs extra lean ground beef
- 2medium onions, in half circle slices
- 5 -6curry leaves
- 1inch cinnamon stick
- 1tablespoon ginger-garlic paste (from store or see my recipe)
- 1⁄2teaspoon methi leaves (Indian herb -available at most Indian grocers)
- 1medium tomatoes, chopped finely
- 1⁄2teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons cayenne pepper (or as much/little as you like)
- 1teaspoon coriander powder
- 1teaspoon cumin powder
- water, as needed
- 4potatoes, peeled and quartered lengthwise (I use Yukon Gold)
Love love your cooking. Please can you tell me where to buy your pan?
Looks Great. Cant go wrong with meat and potatoes, unless you are vegan. In that case can do just the Potato Curry.
this looks amazing
Good video. Will try to make this. Looks good.